5 Napkin Fold Tutorials
The peak of Spring is right around the corner and so are the dinner parties, BBQs and outdoor picnics! We put together five quick and easy napkin fold tutorials to help spruce up the table setting at your next gathering.
The French Pleat
1. Begin with a square shape folded in half
2. Fold in half again
3. Leaving the under layer flat, fold the top right corner of the next layer toward the center
4. Repeat with the next layer while keeping even pleats
5. Fold the remaining layers to meet with the bottom left corner
6. Carefully flip the napkin and fold the left edge approximately one-third towards the right side
7. Fold the right side over toward the left and try to tuck the napkin into a pleat to help hold its shape
1. Begin with a square shape folded on the diagonal
2. Bring the straight edge halfway toward the point
3. Fold the upper corner towards the center
4. Fold the bottom corner towards the center
5. With the remaining point, fold down towards the backside and spread a layer open to create a pouch
6. Use the basket for flowers, dinner rolls, eggs or party favors!
The Double Diamond
1. Start with folding the napkin on the diagonal
2. Fold the right corner to meet the top corner
3. Repeat with the left corner to form a diamond
4. Carefully turn the diamond around and fold the bottom corner up approximately to the hallway point
5. Tuck the sides under the napkin and you’re done!
1. Begin with a square napkin or fold a rectangular shaped one into an even square
2. Fold the square on the diagonal
3. With the straight edge facing you, fold the right corner to meet with the top corner
4. Repeat with the left corner to form a diamond
5. Carefully flip while keeping the open end away
6. Fold open-ended corner towards you in half
7. Flip again while keeping the open end towards you
8. Raise and fold the napkin along the middle
1. Fold the square napkin into a triangle with the point facing you
2. Start pleating equal sized accordion pleats. The last pleat should fold downwards
3. Circle the right side around the left and pull through the loop you’ve created in order to form the knot. Tug and pull as desired!
Note: These tutorials all begin with square shaped napkins. If your napkin is rectangular, simply fold one side to create an even square. Fog Linen Work cloth napkins were used in this tutorial and can be found here.