Apple Crumble | Recipe
It’s the perfect time of year to make an Apple Crumble. This family recipe by Momoko and Tetsuya Otani was made into recipe cards to share with guests during our exhibition with the potter couple. Here’s an online version in time for the holidays. Bake it in a Medium Clay Baking Pan and serve in a Blue Lotus Dish with ice cream for a quick and easy holiday dinner dessert!
– 5 small apples peeled, cored and sliced about 1 inch thick
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– ½ a lemon’s juice
– 2 tablespoons water
– ½ cup walnuts cut into small chunks
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– ½ cup sugar
– 3 ½ oz butter cut into small cubes (about ½ inch wide)
1. Mix flour and sugar in a mixer, then add butter. Blend just until the mixture comes together, until it has a crumbly texture. Note: Crumble can be made in advance and chilled in the refridgerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 °C / 375 °F.